Section updated: May 28, 2020
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff are our top priorities at Clayton State University. University administrators are closely monitoring developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact on our campus.
The University System of Georgia (USG) has decided that all 26 institutions will move to online instruction for all courses for the remainder of the semester with extremely limited exceptions. This action comes following last week’s decision to suspend instruction for two weeks to ensure business and instructional continuity, and to allow further state assessment of COVID-19.
Students are not allowed to return to campus until they receive further notice from Clayton State University, which will be forthcoming soon.
Fully online courses that began on Saturday, March 14, will proceed as scheduled. All seated, including hybrid, classes will be converted to online instruction beginning Saturday, March 21, unless you receive communications from your professor/instructor stating otherwise.
As the situation continues to evolve, we encourage members of the Laker family to monitor this website for updates and continue to follow recommendations from the Georgia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Visit the University System of Georgia for updates.
Prevention is key to decrease the spread of any respiratory virus, so it’s important to follow guidelines provided by DPH to protect yourself and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
DPH also encourages individuals to get vaccinated as the best prevention from getting the flu.
- CARES Act Grant Please Read – May 1
- Project groups to develop strategies for fall semester, 2020 – April 30
- Updates – April 20
- Just checking in – April 17
- Refunds related to COVID-19 – April 9, 2020
- Complete the student online instruction survey – April 9
- Refunds related to COVID-19 – April 8
- May and summer semester update - Faculty and Staff – April 3
- Instruction during May and summer semesters – April 2
- Thanks – March 27
- Free COVID-19 Virtual Screenings Available for USG Employees – March 26
- Student Refunds for COVID-19 – March 25
- Student Health Resources/SHIP Communications – March 20
- COVID-19 information update, Clayton State University – March 19
- Clayton State University spring commencement ceremonies – March 18
- Message to Clayton State Students – March 18
- USG Moves to Online Instruction for Remainder of Semester – March 16
- Important update on continuation of instruction – March 13
- Clayton State University, class schedule update – March 13
- Clayton State University coronavirus update – March 12
- Important Spring Break message to the Campus Community – March 9
- Update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) – March 4
- State of Georgia preparation for coronavirus (COVID-19) – Feb. 28