Fall Reopening &
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Tier1A+ employees and students eligible for COVID-19 vaccine
University Health Services is pleased to invite eligible faculty, staff and students who meet eligibility requirements in Tier 1A+ to make an appointment for the Moderna vaccine if you are interested in receiving it. There is no charge.
COVID Vaccine Clinics will be held in University Health Services – Laker Village, Building 1000. University Health Services is located at the Laker Village student housing residence off Harper Drive in Morrow, Georgia.
University Health Services
5809 Northlake Drive
Morrow, GA 30260
Interested individuals may request an appointment for a vaccine during any of the COVID Vaccine dates and times listed below.
Tier 1A+ vaccine eligibility
At this time, only the following Individuals are eligible to get a vaccine:
- Healthcare personnel – nursing faculty, nursing students, dental hygiene students, dental hygiene staff, CE instructors in healthcare
- Age 65 and older
- Caregivers of people 65 and older
- First responders (public safety staff)
- Facilities Management – considered essential staff
- Students doing internships in healthcare settings or long-term care setting
- Faculty or staff precepting students in healthcare or long-term care settings
Adults in the immediate family of Clayton State University staff and faculty may also get an appointment if they have the same address on their license and they are also eligible in Tier1A. Immediate family of students are not being vaccinated at our site.
We will offer to retirees soon but are offering to current staff now as priority until we obtain more vaccines.
Scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination
- Send an email directly to University Health Services Director at email@example.com with the email subject of COVID Vaccine. Do not call Polly or the UHS office to request an appointment.
- In the email, list your full legal name, Laker ID#, a phone number and your Tier1 category (see categories above); your demographics are already in our electronic health record system.
- You may also schedule for an immediate family member who is also age 65 and older if you wish to do so. In that case, we will need their legal name, address, DOB, phone number, and relationship to you as we will need to create a medical record. The immediate family member needs to be in your household and have the same address, please – spouse, parent, sister, brother. We will ask for a photo ID of anyone coming as an immediate family member, so we protect ourselves in complying with the requirements of the eligible tiers set forth by public health.
- Select three choices when you are requesting your appointment and list in the email the dates/times of your three choices.
- Schedule an appointment only if you will be able to keep the appointment. We do not want to waste any vaccines so once you schedule and are given a confirmation, you will be expected to show up on time unless you are ill or have a fever at the time of that scheduled appointment. UHS staff will keep a standby list, as well, to move others up in the list when we have unanticipated cancellations.
- Do not schedule an appointment if you are currently ill with a fever or have any COVID symptoms.
- Do not schedule an appointment if you have had ANY vaccines in the past 14 days.
- Print the COVID-19 Moderna Consent Form and bring it with you COMPLETED to your appointment to assist the UHS team in being more efficiently able to process patients in a timely manner.
- Await a confirmation email from Polly Parks for your appointment. If we are unable to accommodate the request, you will be wait-listed for the date/time of your preference and offered another appointment as additional clinics are opened. If you do not hear back from Polly, you do not have confirmation of your appointment and should not arrive.
- Priority is being given to healthcare personnel at this time although appointments will mostly be first request, first confirmed. Please be patient to await a response as UHS is very busy and may not answer you immediately.
During Your Vaccination Appointment
- An appointment for the second vaccine will be scheduled at the time of the arrival for the first vaccine, 28 – 31 days after the first vaccine. Plan accordingly when you request your first appointment. You may get the second vaccine anywhere you wish but it must be a Moderna vaccine and is due 28 days after your first vaccine.
- Wear short sleeves or a loose-fitting shirt so we may easily access your upper arm without you having to undress.
- You will receive a COVID card once the vaccine is administered. We recommend that you take a photo of this card in the event you misplace it, or it gets damaged. This card is VERY IMPORTANT so please protect it. It will tell other vaccines sites quickly what vaccine you have received in the event you get your second vaccine elsewhere. This information will also be available to other healthcare professionals in our state’s vaccine registry known as GRITS.
- If you have not ever had a reaction to other vaccines, you will be monitored by a healthcare professional for 15 minutes after the vaccine is administered. You MAY NOT leave early.
- If you have had a reaction to other vaccines, you will be monitored by a healthcare professional for 30 minutes after the vaccine is administered. You MAY NOT leave early.
- Your time in UHS will mostly be in a group of ten people, socially distanced, for efficiency. Those with a need to undress or have a private conversation with the nurse before the vaccine will be relocated to a private exam room but others should plan to get your vaccine and be monitored with others in the same room.
We are scheduling 10 people at the time every 20 minutes. The appointment choices on the below dates are on the hour, at 20 minutes after the hour and at 40 minutes after the hour.
PLEASE ONLY SCHEDULE THIS DATE IF YOU ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR THE SECOND VACCINE ON FRIDAY 2/19/21
- 10 a.m.
- 10:20 a.m.
- 10:40 a.m.
PLEASE ONLY SCHEDULE THIS DATE IF YOU ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR THE SECOND VACCINE ON TUESDAY 2/23/21
- 10 a.m.
- 10:20 a.m.
- 10:40 a.m.
- 11 a.m.
- 11:20 a.m.
- 11:40 a.m.
- 12 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
- 1:20 p.m.
- 1:40 p.m.
More clinics will be scheduled so look for additional communication as this happens.