Applying for Financial Aid
Students seeking federal financial aid, as well as a number of state financial aid programs including HOPE, must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This can be done electronically online, or with the paper form by mail.
CLAYTON STATE SCHOOL CODE 008976
Application information can be found by clicking on the appropriate academic year below. Please remember that you must apply for financial aid for each academic year which always begins with Fall Semester.
If you apply for financial aid but do not attend for the semester(s) for which you were awarded, you will need to contact the Financial Aid Office at FinancialAid@clayton.edu to let the office know of your future enrollment plans. Your financial aid awards will be adjusted accordingly within that particular academic year. Please note that financial aid does not roll over from one academic year to another. Fall always begins a new financial aid year.
Applying for Financial Aid Instructions
Use this checklist to stay on task and complete all Financial Aid Requirements.
Please visit this website for FAFSA instructions.
Tax Return Transcript Information
Need a copy of your Tax Return Transcript to complete your financial aid file? You have three easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information (tax return transcript).
- Request a copy of your Tax Return Transcript by mail through IRS's website
- In the Tools section click "Get a Tax Transcript"
- Click "Get Transcript by mail"
- Enter tax filers identifying information
- Click "Continue"
- In the Type of Transcript field select "Return Transcript" and in the Tax Year field select the appropriate tax year .
- Request transcripts by calling 1-800-908-9946 and following the prompts. At the appropriate
prompt, you will need to enter:
- Enter social security number and the numbers in your street address
- Select Option 2, IRS Tax Return Transcript, and enter the appropriate tax year
- Order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return. The IRS does not charge a fee for transcripts. Allow two weeks for delivery.
Tax Transcripts must be mailed to your home address not to Clayton State University.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions as most of your questions will be answered there.
Once you have completed your FAFSA form, please note that making additional changes to your FAFSA form may result in a delay in receiving your financial aid awards.