How to Apply for HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship
- Step 1: Review basic eligibility requirements, academic eligibility requirements, and limits and expiration of eligibility. If you believe that you are eligible, please proceed to the next step.
- Step 2: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Complete the online Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFAPP).
- Students who complete the GSFAPP can only be reviewed for HOPE or the Zell Miller Scholarships. Please send an email to request HOPE Scholarship. Be sure to include your Laker ID Number and indicate that you completed the GSFAPP. The GSFAPP remains valid for 10 years.
- Students who complete the FAFSA must be sure to complete it for the appropriate academic year. The FAFSA must be completed annually. Students who complete the FAFSA can also be reviewed for federal student aid such as grants and loans.
- Step 3: If you were not awarded HOPE but believe that you are eligible for HOPE funds, please email the Financial Aid Office. Be sure to include your Laker ID Number and indicate that you want to be reviewed for HOPE Scholarship.
If you were not awarded HOPE but believe that you are eligible for HOPE funds, please email the Financial Aid Office.
Make sure that you check the financial aid deadlines!