Dental Hygiene Clinic
Clayton State’s mission to be an integral part of the local community is evident by the work of our students and faculty in the University’s dental hygiene clinic. Located on campus, the clinic provides dental hygiene services to residents seeking safe, accessible and affordable preventive oral care.
Additionally, dental hygiene students help promote good oral care and gain practical experience by treating patients under the supervision of dental hygiene faculty members.
The clinic offers a number of services including oral health screenings, x-rays, cleanings, fluoride treatment, nutritional counseling and teeth whitening services.
Make an appointment
Make an appointment in person at our clinic or by calling (678) 466-4920.
Appointment times are subject to student availability. Our clinic hours vary from semester to semester. Our present schedule is as follows:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday- 8 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.
Monday-Thursday- 8 a.m.- 12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.
Monday-Thursday- 8 a.m., 10:30 a.m., & 1:30 p.m.
Note: Clinic hours are subject to change without notice.
University policy and applicable state laws require that all children be under the direct supervision of their parent or guardian at all times and may not be left alone in the waiting room.
Fees may be paid with cash, a check or credit card. Our fees for treatment and current infection control practices are as follows:
- Comprehensive oral health Screening (new patient only) $12.00
- Adult Cleaning with Fluoride $40.00
- Child Cleaning with Fluoride $25.00
- Complete series of x-rays (CSX) Adult $30.00
- Complete series of x-rays (CSX) Child $15.00
- Bite-wing series of x-rays (BW's) Adult $15.00
- Bite-wing series of x-rays (BW's) Child $12.00
- Single Radiograph $4.00 per film
- Panographic Film $30.00
- Sealants (per tooth) $15.00
- Teeth Whitening $135.00
- Refills for Whitening $60.00
- Antibiotic Therapy per site $20.00
- Non-surgical Periodontal Treatment (4+ teeth per quadrant; $35.00 quadrant) $140.00
- Non-surgical Periodontal Treatment (1-3 teeth per quadrant; $25.00 quadrant) $100.00
The treatment performed is determined by the student's treatment plan in consultation with the clinical instructor. The patient's needs and the student's instructional needs are considered in this determination. Treatments performed in our clinic may include the following:
- Vital signs
- Oral Examination
- Individualized Home Care Instructions
- Dental Charting
- Periodontal Charting
- Prophylaxis (Scaling and Polishing)
- Fluoride Treatment
- Desensitizing Treatment
- Radiographs (X-rays)
- Nutritional Counseling
- Tobacco Cessation Counseling
- Teeth whitening
O.S.H.A. and A.D.A. infection control guidelines are followed. H.I.P.P.A. guidelines are followed.
Where to park
Marked parking spaces are provided near Edgewater Hall. In order to park here, you must pay the treatment fee. You will be asked for the make, model and tag number on your car when you check in at the clinic reception desk so that Public Safety will not ticket your car.
How to find us
Clayton State University is located approximately 1 mile northeast of Exit 76 off I-75, south of Atlanta. Take I-75 south. Exit at Exit #233, which is Highway 54 (Jonesboro Road). Turn left. The entrance to our college is on the right several blocks down at Clayton State Blvd. Continue on Clayton State Blvd. until it ends. Turn right onto Caldwell Drive. Continue to Edgewater Hall, which is on the right. Upon entering Edgewater Hall, take the staircase on the right, which leads downstairs. The clinic is located at the second door on the left.