Online Writers' Studio
Students have access to the Online Writers' Studio where consultants encourage writers to participate in revision-based writing. The Writers’ Studio's online services are available via our appointment software, SSC Campus. The Writers’ Studio offers online two online services: Email Writing Consultations and Online Chat Consultations.
Writers who select Email Writing Consultations will receive feedback via letter and short summative video sent through email 24-48 hours after the allotted appointment time.
Students who select Online Chat Consultations will enter a virtual meeting with the consultant via Microsoft Teams and will be able to discuss the assignment through video chat. After the session, the student will receive a recording of their appointment via email.
To submit a paper, students need to schedule an appointment with a consultant.
How to Make an E-Tutoring Appointment
- Log into the Swan using your CSU username and password.
- Once logged in, scroll down until you see the icon entitled “SSC Navigate.”
- Once the SSC Campus page has loaded, click on the blue option on the right side of the screen entitled “Get Assistance.” This will take you to a page called “Schedule Tutoring.”
- In the drop-down box, select “Academic Tutoring & Support.” After this, another drop-down box will appear; in this drop-down box, select “I need help with my writing.” In the next drop-down box, select “I want to meet online.” After this, click on the blue NEXT icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Next, a question will appear asking “Where would you like to meet?” In the drop-down box, select “Email-Based Writing Consultation” or “Online Chat Writing Consultation,” depending on your preference. In the next drop-down box, select the class that you need writing help with.
- Next, another drop-down box will allow you to select a specific tutor if you have a preference; otherwise, selecting a specific tutor is not required. Next, click the blue NEXT icon.
- Now, a list of available times and dates for e-tutoring are available; find a time and date that are convenient for you. Once you select a time and date, click the blue NEXT icon.
- This page is the confirmation page; there is an optional comment box where you can let the tutor know if there is a particular area you want specific advice on. Inputting information in the comment box is not required but is there in the case that you do want specified help.
- Next, click on the blue icon entitled “Confirm Appointment.” Make sure that you let the confirmation page fully load once you click “Confirm Appointment.” You have now successfully booked a Writers’ Studio email-based consultation using SSC Navigate.