The Office of Marketing and Communications is the first point of contact for any video project which involves promotion of the University, such as testimonials, events, and other activities which are marketing or brand related. Marketing and Communications should be a part of the planning process for all such projects in order to advise on content. From preproduction to post production, please note that a marketing video can take up to 70 business days for completion. For events or time sensitive projects, we need notification at least 30 days in advance.
All videography requests will be evaluated to ensure that they align with university strategic initiatives and our office’s objective to support institutional marketing and recruitment.
Any video created outside of the Office of Marketing and Communications that includes information about university programs, events, features university students/employees, or includes the official university logo or wordmark must be submitted for review by our team before it is shared publicly.
We must utilize a model release with all videography subjects to obtain permission to use each individual’s image. Video which is taken without obtaining the appropriate release may not be used under any circumstances in University materials or on any web site. All video taken on the Clayton State University campus of all faculty, staff, and students in the campus environment by Marketing and Communications is for the purpose of promoting the University. No faculty, staff, or student may seek compensation for the usage of such images.
Releases are typically required if the individual:
- is recognizable; the primary focus of the photograph/video shot
- is identifiable in a small group setting, such as a small group of students studying in the library or congregating in a classroom. In these cases, a release should be obtained from each subject
- has been recruited to serve as a model
- is a minor (under 18 years of age); a parental release is required
Clayton State releases are typically not required if:
- The subject is not recognizable, such as silhouettes, posterior view or out of focus
- The photos/video are not being taken to be distributed by Clayton State. When news media is covering a story on campus or a production company is shooting content it plans to distribute, those entities should have their own release forms. The film shoot guidelines outline protocols for filming on campus.
Model Release Form
The official model release should be printed on department letterhead and subsequent copies for signatures can be photocopies. Please communicate with the Office of Marketing and Communications for questions. Note for individuals under the age of 18 years, a parental signature must be acquired on the model release.