Personal Elevator Pitch Competition
This competition is open to Clayton State University undergraduate and graduate business students.
Elevator Pitch is Thursday, October 19, 2023
Hosted in Partnership by: The College of Business and Career Services
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2023
Location: Harry S. Downs Center, Room 101
Competition: Thursday, October 19, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Have any questions, please contact us at 678-466-4517 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember professional attire is required!
What is a personal elevator pitch?
A personal elevator pitch is a brief explanation of how you can benefit the potential employer, why you should be hired or considered further by persuasively explaining your unique traits, experiences, skills, and accomplishments that are important to the employer. It is typically given to someone that you unexpectedly meet in an elevator, at a party, or any short interaction.
- POSITION SOUGHT: Did you indicate what job or type of job you are seeking?
- BENEFIT(S) TO COMPANY: What will be the benefit(s) to the company if they were to hire you?
- WHY YOU’RE BETTER?: Why are you better than others applying for the same job?
- CALL TO ACTION: What is the next step that you want to take? What you are asking from the listener/potential employer?
- CONFIDENCE: How well you exhibited confidence.
- OVERALL PRESENTATION STYLE: (good tone of voice [not flat] and body language; eye contact with judges; no fillers like “uh”, “um”; pitch clear and organized)
- QUESTIONING: How well you answered judges’ questions.
The maximum time allowed for the personal elevator pitch is 60 seconds. After the pitch, judges will then be given the opportunity to offer feedback to the “pitchers” during a short follow-up period.
First Place: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $100
Preparing for Your Personal Pitch
|5 Tips for an Elevator Pitch That Gets Results|
|How to Craft a Job Search Elevator Pitch|
|The Perfect Elevator Pitch to Land a Job||How Not to Embarrass Yourself Doing the Elevator Pitch|
|Your Elevator Speech|