Launchpad Academy Vision and Goal
To provide qualified and accepted Clayton State University students an opportunity to experience professional readiness and ability to participate in community service and develop leadership skills.
To recruit, educate, develop and place the workforce of the future who are tailored to industry needs. Participation in various educational and experiential learning experiences will lead to different network opportunities with several tech companies in the Atlanta area and increase the student’s interaction with Clayton State students, faculty and staff.
- Build an institutional culture that frames the importance of hands-on learning.
- Specification: Utilizing Industry Partners, bring in a new project for future Academy students.
- Enable students to implement directly what they learn in a job setting.
- Specification: Job placement of at least (3) students with industry partners or other companies within the industry.
- Create and nurture an inclusive community of technology driven, diverse leaders in
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences at Clayton State University.
- Specification: Increase enrollment in College of Information and Mathematical Sciences by 10 full time students.
- Broaden and update skills in students to increase knowledge of the technology field,
frameworks, and competences for effective job placement.
- Specification: Job placement of at least (3) students that are workforce ready and attractive to industry partners and other companies.