Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree (MALS) is a flexible interdisciplinary program designed for a wide spectrum of individuals: recent college graduates, professionals in the public and private sectors, current and prospective teachers, lawyers, state workers, non-profit arts administrators, private business owners, among others.
Through a challenging, structured liberal arts curriculum, the MALS degree program offers graduate students various opportunities to:
- strengthen their capacity to think critically and creatively;
- grow in their understanding of cultural relevance and global awareness;
- cultivate their analytical and communication skills to reach their full potential;
- develop and expand a commitment to others;
- attain a liberal studies perspective on contemporary problems and opportunities;
- broaden their general knowledge and satisfy their intellectual curiosity ;
- gain insights into the relationships between disciplines, ideas, and historical developments; and,
- prepare for a range of career options and further study.