National Society of Leadership and Success
Who is The National Society of Leadership and Success?
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at Clayton State University was started in 2014 and has 1,087 members as of 2021. We are also part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members.
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
Lifetime members learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts. Additionally, as a member, you will meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually). You will have the opportunity to Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
Visit the NSLS website to learn more about and accept your nomination.
The NSLS Program
Students accept their nomination to become recognized as members of the NSLS. However, to achieve induction members must attend Orientation, Leadership Training Day, 3 Speaker Broadcasts and 3 Success Networking Team meetings.
This is the first event on campus for new members. Students learn the steps of the leadership development program and the schedule of events for the semester.
Leadership Training Day
Student members attend an interactive video training session where they identify goals and overcome obstacles. This interactive and introspective seminar helps members identify their true passions and strengths while creating action steps to achieve their goals.
Live streamed events with leaders, celebrities and best-selling authors are scheduled six times per year. Topics include leadership, identifying goals, facing challenges, personal growth and successfully transitioning from college to career. Students interact with the speakers via Twitter and Facebook during each broadcast.
Success Networking Teams
Students are assigned to small groups and meet bi-weekly to set goals for future success. Members hold each other accountable using a highly specialized formula proven to produce results. After each meeting, students submit a reflective journal entry online, providing advisors the opportunity to coach and mentor in a format which actively engages students.
This is the final step towards induction. Most campuses hold a formal induction ceremony which can be shared with family and friends. At this ceremony, students are presented with their Certificate of Leadership Training honoring their achievement and lifetime membership in the NSLS.
The NSLS provides benefits to help members on their own personal success journey. These include opportunities for all members and exclusive benefits for those who achieve induction.
Pre-Induction Membership Benefits
- Scholarships & Awards: Access to over a quarter-million dollars exclusively to NSLS members each year for tuition, community service and educational assistance
- Job Bank: Apply to jobs/internships and access to employers seeking to hire NSLS members
- Partner Discounts & Benefits: Enjoy discounts on many retail goods and services
- Speaker Broadcasts: A series of six live streamed speaker broadcasts per year by celebrities, authors, motivational speakers and professionals on relevant topics facing students and graduates
- Success Networking Team: Participate with your NSLS peers in goal setting, accountability and commitment to action
- Success Coaches: Improve skills, refine focus and interact with a professional success coach
- Broadcast Archive: Online access to past presentations from more than 50 nationally renowned NSLS speakers; View the past speakers
- Professional Communication Training: A professionally administered communication assessment tool (DiSC) helps you identify your own communication style, teaches you to recognize and appreciate other styles and prepares you to interact effectively with others
- Social Events: Meet like-minded people and make friends at social events, fundraising events, service projects and other NSLS gatherings
- Leadership Collection: Online interview series with career experts to guide you in landing your dream job
- Motivational Mondays: Get inspired each week by a recording delivered directly to you
- Monthly Newsletter: Read the NSLS Newsletter highlighting scholarships, chapter and member success stories, advice from leading motivational speakers and more
- Member Shop: In addition to the items you receive upon induction, the shop provides you with a wider selection to commemorate your membership
Post-Induction Membership Benefits
- Letter of Recommendation: Receive a personalized letter of recommendation that you can send to employers and admissions offices
- Graduation Honors: Proudly wear honor cords, stole and charm at your graduation as an inducted member
- Scholarships & Awards for Inducted Members: Additional scholarships available to inducted members
- Leadership Training Certification: Awarded after completion of the leadership training program
- Resume Enhancement: NSLS membership on your resume sets you apart as a leader to admission counselors and employers
- Inducted Member Items: Receive your leadership certificate, NSLS t-shirt, car decal, and NSLS insignia pin upon induction
- Leadership Opportunities: Avail yourself of opportunities for local, regional, or national leadership positions in the NSLS
- Presidential Members (3.3+ GPA): Receive a Presidential Seal on your leadership training certificate
- Nationwide Network: Join over 1,033,379 members at over 687 colleges in a network of support and motivation
of NSLS members transitioning into careers landed the job of their choice upon graduating and nearly 80% of those students attributed their success to the NSLS's program
National Survey of NSLS Members
We conduct annual national surveys of all our members and continuously strive to incorporate feedback to improve our program.
would recommend the NSLS to their peers
Indicated the NSLS impacted their likelihood of achieving their life goals
Reported that the NSLS impacted their likelihood of landing their desired future job
Believe the program was worth their time spent
Report they have improved their decision making skills, self-awareness,respect for others, ability to be assertive and interpersonalrelationship skills
Of NSLS members transitioning into careers landed the job of their choice upon graduating and nearly 80% of those students attributed their success to the NSLS's program
"It is more than receiving honors and getting to wear a pretty gold chord at graduation. The NSLS helps you focus on what you really want out of life and helps you network with people who are reaching towards the same success as you." Shaven Jones (University of Memphis)
"By joining NSLS you may develop more powerful ideas, enhance communication among people who want to succeed in their goals, broaden your contact network, and gain plenty of motivation and confidence to accomplish most of your objectives." Lucas Fernandes (Middlesex Community College)
"The NSLS offers you everything you could ever want in a college experience in one, neatly organized group, dedicated to success and opportunity." Shanika McKoy (University of Memphis)