Skip to Content Skip to Footer
 banner image

Parent and Family Association Helping You

The Bursar's Office is where students can manage their student accounts for billing, tuition & fee payment, refunds, and financial aid.

Visit the Bursar website

Location - Edgewater Hall Room 278

Phone - (678) 466-4295

Email the Bursar's Office

View the Tuition and Fee Calculator

Clayton State offers a number of campus employment opportunities for students to help pay their expenses, make a little jingle for their pockets, and to develop transferable work skills. 

Work Study – The Federal Work-Study program provides part-time jobs to students with financial aid eligibility.  Your student should check with the Office of Financial Aid to see if s/he qualifies.

Student Assistants – Many offices on campus employ students to help with their daily operations.  To find out current openings, your student should check the Laker Career Zone in Career Services.

Orientation Leaders - The Laker Orientation Leader, LOL, is a campus leadership position where students have the opportunity to work closely with incoming freshman, transfer, non-traditional students, and their families to assist them with their transition to Clayton State University. To be an Orientation Leader, students must have a minimum 2.6 GPA, be in good standing with the university, possess interest in a leadership position, desire to work with new students, and be open-minded and creative.

Resident Assistants (RAs) – Being a Resident Assistant at Laker Hall or Laker Village is much more than an opportunity to help pay for college expenses.  Through a 10 week training period then working as an RA, your student will hone their leadership skills and develop transferable skills that will be needed in their future career paths.  Basic requirements for RA’s are a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good conduct standing, have 24 or more credit hours, and have lived in campus housing for a minimum of one year.

The Department of Career Services is designed to assist students with their individual career development. From choosing majors to gaining experience through part-time jobs and internships and finding full-time positions or graduate school acceptance, we offer programs, counseling/coaching, and resources to help students. Families can also assist students with their career needs by offering support and feedback while encouraging them to utilize our office. Please review our extensive website and learn more about available services.

Visit the Career Services website

Location - Edgewater Hall Room 228

Phone - (678) 466-5400

Email Career Services

Welcome Parents!  Now that your student is going to college there are a few things you may need to know.  Such as, what is FERPA?   Your student has certain rights regarding their education records when beginning attendance at a post-secondary institution, or upon reaching the age of 18. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records and transfers the rights regarding those records to the student.

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, (FERPA), Clayton State University is restricted in releasing student information without the consent of the student. It provides the student a right to inspect his/her records and restrict the disclosure of those records. Further information about FERPA is available on the U.S. Department of Education FERPA website.  If your student wishes to give you limited access to their financial aid information, they must complete the Release Authorization Form.  The Release Authorization Form must be completed for each academic year.  You can find the year-specific forms by going to the Financial Aid website, then to "Forms" in the menu to the left and to the appropriate year in the drop down menu.  

You may find the following links in assisting your student through the Financial Aid process.

Visit the Financial Aid website

Location - Edgewater Hall Room 102

Phone - (678) 466-4295

Email Financial Aid

Graduate Sooner

In addition to your student beginning their career sooner and making an income, counseling your student to graduate in four years, rather than five years or six years, also saves a significant amount of money. Click the link to learn more and how to keep your student motivated to finish in four years and save a lot of money in the process.

Your student’s student ID card is much more than an ID card. It’s your student’s ID, their library card, an on-campus debit card, and an access card. If you want to reward your student for great grades, or put an emergency sum on his/her card, you can do that. You will need to know your student’s Laker ID and use his/her last name. Please use the link below to learn more.

Visit the Laker Card website

Phone: (678) 466-4215

Email the Laker Card Office