Skip to Content Skip to Footer
FAQs banner


Frequently Asked Questions

Orientation Attendance, Fees, and Preparation FAQs

New Student Orientation is required for all new degree-seeking students, including freshman, transfer, and nontraditional students.

Undergrad students who have not been admitted cannot register for orientation. Admitted students are eligible to register for orientation, starting the day after their admission decision date. Check your application status.

Transient students, post-baccalaureate students, readmitted students, and students in certificate programs are not required to complete undergraduate orientation. Ineligible students may still view the Orientation modules.

Dual Enrollment students can find more info about orientation on their New Student Checklist.

Graduate students can find more info about orientation on the Graduate Admissions site.


In addition to helping you learn more about campus, orientation is a critical first step to register for your first semester of classes. (If you do not attend/complete your orientation session, you cannot register for classes.)

Remember orientation fees are non-refundable, so choose your session wisely. Also, consider these options:

- CHANGE ORIENTATION SESSION - Once registered, you may request to change your orientation session as long as the requested session is for the same semester. Fill out the Orientation Session Change Request Form to request your session be transferred if you:

    • are already registered and you would like to transfer your registration.
    • are more than 30 minutes late or miss your scheduled orientation.

- CONSIDER MINI-MESTER CLASSES - If you cannot finish orientation by the deadline but still wish to begin in Fall or Spring, consider joining Clayton State for Next Wave.

We understand that sometimes things happen and plans change. Since Orientation fees are non-refundable, it may help to consider all of your options before making a decision.

- CONSIDER MINI-MESTER CLASSES - If you cannot finish orientation by the deadline but still wish to begin in Fall or Spring, consider joining Clayton State for Next Wave.

- START AT CLAYTON STATE LATER  -  If you cannot attend any of the sessions for your term, consider joining Clayton State for a later term.

Use the Change of Semester form to update your term then return to Dates and Fees to register for the next available orientation session.

- WITHDRAW YOUR APPLICATION - If you've made plans to attend another school or no longer wish to attend Clayton State, let us know and we'll void your application for admission and remove you from the mailing list for admitted students.

Use the Application Withdrawal form to cancel your application to Clayton State.

New Student Orientation is a self-supported program; your registration fees cover the cost of program expenses, including but not limited to refreshments, printed materials, and supplies.
You can pay the orientation fee online at the time of registration using a debit or credit card.  We are unable to process registration or payment by phone or mail.

No, orientation does not have an overnight requirement.

However, some orientation dates may align with Housing move-in dates.  All first-time and transferring * freshman students (who have earned less than 30 credit hours) are required to live on-campus in Laker Hall for the fall and spring semesters. Learn more about freshman housing policies.

For more info about on-campus housing options, requirements, and move-in dates, contact University Housing and Residence Life.

All on-campus sessions require:

  • comfortable shoes
  • an official picture ID
  • your Laker ID number
  • your Clayton State student email address
  • any remaining and outstanding documents that you need to turn in to the Office of Admissions

Freshman students: Review the checklist of items to bring for your move-in date.

Yes, due to limited laptops on campus, you may bring your own device. Laptop policy.

Resolving Common Account Holds FAQs

We can accept your transcripts in-person, by mail, or electronically.

You may mail or deliver your transcripts to:

Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Edgewater Hall, Suite 150
2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow, GA 30260-0285

We currently accept electronic transcripts from E-Transcript providers such as:

If your previous school(s), college(s), or universities offer this service, submit official transcripts to:

Submit the Verification of Lawful Presence Submission Form.

VOLP documents include, but are not limited to, Georgia driver's license, birth certificate, or U.S. passport. View a full list of acceptable VOLP documents here.
All immunization forms should be submitted to University Health ServicesFor best service, please do not send immunization forms to the Office of Admissions.

Students must complete the Registration Agreement prior to signing up for classes.

How to Complete the Registration Agreement

Still Need Help?

Check out Orientation Help for a list of solutions for common issues students may experience during and after registration. Don't see what you're looking for?

Feel free to contact our Orientation Student Helpdesk. We are happy to help answer any questions about New Student Orientation that you or your family may have. To best assist you, please share the following details:

  1. your full name
  2. your Laker ID
  3. a description of the issue and the date you experienced it
  4. a screenshot of the webpage where you encountered the error (if applicable)



To ask questions about accessibility or request accommodations, please contact Disability Resource Center at or call (678) 466-5443.