Perfect Pitch Competition
The Perfect Pitch Competition is offered to students in Clayton County Public Schools. Teams from the district’s 11 high schools compete by presenting their personal elevator pitches to a group of judges.
The Third Annual Perfect Pitch Competition scheduled for Thursday, March 26, 2020 was unfortunately cancelled due to COVID-19 closure of Clayton County Public Schools and Clayton State University.
What is a personal elevator pitch?
A personal elevator pitch is a brief explanation of how you can benefit the potential employer, why you should be hired or considered further by persuasively explaining your unique traits, experiences, skills, and accomplishments that are important to the employer. It is typically given to someone that you unexpectedly meet in an elevator, at a party, or any short interaction.
Registration is handled through the Perfect Pitch teachers/coaches at each high school.
- POSITION OR OBJECTIVE SOUGHT: Did you indicate what job/admission you are seeking?
- BENEFIT(S) TO COMPANY: What will be the benefit(s) if they were to hire/accept you?
- WHY YOU ARE BETTER?: Why are you better than others applying for the same job/position?
- CALL TO ACTION: What is the next step that you want to take? What you are asking from the listener/potential employer/committee?
- CONFIDENCE: How well you exhibited confidence.
- OVERALL PRESENTATION STYLE: (good tone of voice [not flat] and body language; eye contact with judges; no fillers like “uh”, “um”; pitch clear and organized)
- QUESTIONING: How well you answered judges’ questions.
The maximum time allowed for the personal elevator pitch is 90 seconds. After the pitch, judges will then be given the opportunity to offer feedback to the “pitchers” during a short follow-up period.
Maps and Directions
Maps and Directions
View maps and directions to the Clayton State University campus.
The Elevator Pitch Competition will be held in the Harry S. Downs Center in Room 101.
Congratulations 2019 Winners!
1st place team: Mundy's Mill High School 2nd place team: Stillwell School of the Arts 3rd place team: Elite Scholars Academy Top Individual Presenter: Janeisha Cambridge, Mundy's Mill High School
Preparing for Your Personal Pitch
|5 Tips for an Elevator Pitch That Gets Results|
|How to Craft a Job Search Elevator Pitch|
|The Perfect Elevator Pitch to Land a Job||How Not to Embarrass Yourself Doing the Elevator Pitch|
|Your Elevator Speech|