Career Assessment Type
Types of career assessments available
FOCUS 2 - A self-generated portfolio which allows you to assess, record and report on several areas of your professional development including needs identification and areas of strength. The FOCUS 2 career system will help you develop an accurate self-assessment of your personal qualities with the following five assessments: work interests-Holland Code, values, personality, skills and leisure time interests. These assessments help pinpoint strengths to better match majors at Clayton State and to identify career options.
- Work interests (Holland Code) are a reflection of the kind of work-related activities and tasks you most enjoy.
- Your personality type is a description of how you react to certain situations and people and how you make decisions, organize information, and go about solving problems.
- Values are a description of what is most important to you in life. For example, you might value earning a lot of money, helping other people, being creative and artistic, having a secure and steady job, etc.
- Skills are a reflection of your talents and the types of things you easily learn and perform well.
- Your leisure time interests are a reflection of the kind of leisure related activities you most enjoy.
Take the FOCUS 2 Assessment. Use the access code lakerpride to create an account.After the Assessment
Students are encouraged to schedule an individual appointment with a career counselor in the Office of Career Services to discuss the assessment results.