Drop/Add is a period of registration when students may change their class schedules. Please check the academic calendar for specific dates.
- If you are not planning on attending classes, you must DROP or CANCEL your schedule before the END of drop/add. You will be held financially responsible for all classes that are on your schedule at the end of Drop/Add.
- Dropping or changing your class schedule may affect your financial aid award. Please contact the Financial Aid Office or the Bursar’s Office for more details.
- You may drop a course via the DUCK or in person in the Registrar’s Office located in Suite 239 in Edgewater Hall.
- Drop/Add lasts anywhere from 2 to 4 days depending on the semester. Please check the academic calendar for exact dates.
- Failure to pay for your classes does not guarantee they will be dropped. If you do not plan to attend classes, please be sure to cancel your registration by logging into the DUCK and dropping ALL classes. Students receiving financial aid will have their monies automatically applied to their fees.
- We regret that we cannot process drop/add requests over the telephone or by email.
- You may add classes to your schedule by logging into the DUCK during drop/add.
- Students are responsible for any additional fees resulting from schedule changes. Fees must be paid by the fee payment deadline posted to the academic calendar.
- Classes may not be added after drop/add has ended.
Once the drop/add window closes, you must withdraw from a course if you are no longer attending. Students who withdraw from a course before midterm will receive a W in the course. Withdrawals do not absolve you from paying all tuition and fees associated with that particular course. Please refer to the refund section of the withdrawal policy for additional information.