Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Bursar Frequently Asked Questions

A student’s authorization to enroll in courses at Clayton State University is conditional upon acceptance of all terms and conditions set forth in the Student Payment Agreement (f/k/a Registration Agreement). Students must agree to the mandatory terms and conditions when they enter the registration system every semester, and only then they will be permitted to proceed to registration. Students who do not accept the terms and conditions of the Student Payment Agreement will not be permitted to register in courses at Clayton State University. Check Student Registration Policies & Procedures. For more information about this action item (including a step-by-step guide on how to resolve it) please see our Knowledge Base article on this.

When are payments due?

Full payment of tuition, fees, housing, and meal plan is due on or before the published fee deadline but no later than the first day of class each semester. Please check the tuition due date on the web or at the bottom of your schedule/bill. Check important registration information

What are the consequences if I don't pay?

If you are unable to pay by the published fee deadline, you may be dropped from your classes for nonpayment. You may re-register during the late registration period, and a $100 dollar late fee charge will be applied to your account.

How are payments from outside sources applied to my account?

After your financial aid has been processed and awarded, you will need to click on “How Much Do I Owe,” on your Duck account on the Swan portal to have your funds disbursed to your account.

I have been through orientation and registered for classes. I have applied for financial aid, but I haven't received my award letter. Do I have to pay my fees myself?

Yes, tuition and fees must be paid in full by the published fee deadline. If you are later determined to be eligible for financial aid, you will get your refund via BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.

I can't pay all my fees at once, do you have a payment plan?

Yes, we have payment plan options through NELNET.

Payment Methods

Cash, checks, credit cards, money orders, cashier checks, and debit cards. Effective July 1, 2017, we will no longer accept American Express at the Cashier window. American Express is accepted with payments online via the DUCK.  We do not take payments over the phone, we require an authorized signature. Preferred method of payment is through the D.U.C.K. (Digital Unified Campus Kiosk) using your debit or credit card. If by mail, send checks, money orders, and cashier checks payable to Clayton State University to Edgewater Hall, 2000 Clayton State Boulevard, Morrow, Georgia 30260, Attention: Bursar's Office. The payment must include the student's name and Laker ID#.

Can others pay on my student account?

Yes, you can authorize others to have access and pay on your student account. Go to the D.U.C.K. (Digital Unified Campus Kiosk) on your student account click on HOW MUCH DO I OWE? then click on Authorized user and follow the instructions. Please note, some web browsers may not be compatible with Clayton State University online systems, which may affect online payments.

When is the fee deadline?

Fee deadlines are published on the Bursar homepage under IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION.

During the semester, an audit of accounts found an error on my charges. For example, a lab fee was assessed after I paid my tuition. Am I responsible for paying it?

Yes. We are required to correct any errors made as soon as they are discovered. Payment is due immediately upon notification.

Can I be exempt from fees I don't use?

It is Clayton State University’s policy that students pay all mandatory fees.

Does HOPE cover mandatory fees? (BEGINNING FALL 2011)

No, HOPE only cover approximately 80% of tuition for qualified students. Student is responsible for paying any remaining balance.

What are Bookstore Bucks?

Bookstore Bucks are unused financial aid funds (after tuition, fees, room, and board) that can be placed on your LakerCard at the beginning of each semester. Bookstore Bucks can be used in the school Loch Shop and Loch's Nest to purchase everything you need: textbooks, course materials, school supplies, and even snacks and Clayton State gear! They can also be used at the LakerCard Center to purchase a commuter meal plan. (Note: Bookstore Bucks cannot be used at Dinning Locations, vending machines, or at SmartPrint locations).

How much money will be put on my LakerCard?

The maximum amount available after tuition/fees are paid is $1,000.

What if I need more than that?

You will have to come out of pocket and be reimbursed when you receive your refund after school starts.

What happens to my money after it leaves the bookstore?

It is returned to your student account so we can balance and begin the refund process.

What happens if I don't use all of my book money?

If you do not us all of your book money it is posted back to your student account and refunded through your HigherOne card.

When will my book money be available?

It is normally available for you 3 days before classes begin through the drop/add period. Any unused funds are returned to your student account and refunded during the refund period.

  • Refunds for cancellation of registration or reduction in hours prior to the first class day of the semester. Any student who has registered and paid will receive a full or proportional refund of fees paid (except for those identified above as non-refundable) if the student formally cancels his or her registration or reduces the number of hours taken prior to the first class day of the semester. (There is no refund for reduction of hours if the student remains enrolled in 15 or more hours since tuition caps at 15 hours.)
  • Refunds for reduction in hours during the official Drop-Add period. If the drop-add process results in a reduction of hours, the student’s billing for tuition and fees will be adjusted up or down to reflect the hours for which he or she is registered at the end of the Drop-Add period, and a refund will be issued if appropriate. If the student’s registration remains at 15 or more hours, no refund will be issued since matriculation fees cap at 15 hours. Please remember that certain fees are non-refundable.
  • After the end of the drop-add period, no refunds are issued for reduction in hours if the student remains enrolled in any course. After this point, refunds are issued only for complete withdrawal in accordance with Official Board of Regents' Policy as follows: “The refund amount for students withdrawing from the institution shall be based on a pro rata percentage determined by dividing the number of calendar days in the semester that the student completed by the total calendar days in the semester. The total calendar days in a semester includes weekends, but excludes scheduled breaks of five or more days and days that a student was on an approved leave of absence. The unearned portion shall be refunded up to the point in time that the amount earned equals 60%. Students who withdraw from the institution when the calculated percentage of completion is greater than 60% are not entitled to a refund of any portion of institutional charges.” Visit for more details.

USG Common Calendar Full Session

USG Common Calendar 1st Short Session

USG Common Calendar 2nd Short Session

I have a private scholarship. Can I get the scholarship as pocket money to cover my living expenses?

We must abide by the guidelines set forth by the institution and or donor of the scholarship. Unless stated by donor, scholarships may be refunded to you to aid in your living expenses associated with your enrollment.

How long does it take for my scholarship to apply to my student account?

It takes one to two weeks for your scholarship to process onto your student account.

How do I apply the scholarship to my student account?

All private scholarships are processed through the Bursar’s Office. We require a copy of the donor’s letter or instructions along with the funds.

How can I change my address?

You may change it on the Duck or in the Registrar's office. Make sure you also change your information with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.

  • If you have any complaints regarding our service please send your inquiry to Student Affairs